Preaching SharePoint

You cannot edit the properties of a document while it is checked out and being modified offline


I got this error today while checking out one of the documents the error says "You cannot edit the properties of a document while it is checked out and being modified offline". 

The document was checked out to me earlier and then I checked it. For my understanding It was then avaible to check out but when I tried doing  that I would get the above error.

Soltuion -  I couldn't find much about this but here is what worked for me.
1. Check-In document and Log off. Close the browser.
2. ReOpen the Browser and Re-login into Site.  Now edit the properties for your document and hit Ok at "do you want to check out item now" popup.

Hope it helps



Responses

1 Respones to "You cannot edit the properties of a document while it is checked out and being modified offline"

Hari SP said...

Hi
Here is worked for me
Thanks for your posting !!


21 April 2020 at 06:18

Post a Comment

 

Do you want SharePoint 2013 to inherit Metro Style design?

Search This Blog

Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors